There are many jobs in Canada available for skilled foreign workers with the education, work experience, English or French language abilities and other traits desired by Canadian employers. Hundreds of these jobs in Canada also qualify for the Express Entry Canadian immigration system. CanadianVisaExpert can let you know if your occupation is one of them.
Below, are examples of five common occupations in Canada that qualify for Express Entry to give you a better idea about Canadian employment opportunities.
- Construction Manager – A building boom is taking place in many Canadian locations and this has made construction managers one of the top jobs in Canada. Approximately 46,400 construction managers work in Canada and they earn a median salary of $79,779 per year. Between 2009 and 2015, there was a 26% growth rate for construction manager jobs in Canada, while salaries increased by around 15 percent.
- Software Engineer – Canadian cities such as Toronto and Vancouver are high-tech hubs with a strong demand for software engineers, who enjoy a median yearly salary of $88,000. There are about 42,400 software engineers who work in Canada, but many more are needed. In fact, there was a 60% increase in the number of software engineer jobs in Canada during 2009-2015 and this occupation experienced a healthy 17% rise in pay over that timeframe.
- Occupational Therapist – As more people who work in Canada retire, the need for occupational therapists is expected to soar. Between 2009 and 2015, there was a 32% increase in people hired as occupational therapists in Canada and they earn a median salary of $78,395 per year.
- Financial Analyst – There are excellent Canadian employment opportunities for financial analysts, who earn a median annual salary of $71,469 and saw an incredible 39% job growth rate from 2009 to 2015.
- Natural Resource Managers – Canada is rich in natural resources, so it is not surprising that forestry and mining managers are in high-demand, earning a median annual salary of $104,000 and a 44% growth rate in new jobs in Canada created in 2009-2015.
The immigration consultants that CanadianVisaExpert works with can evaluate your eligibility for Express Entry to Canada. If you qualify, the CanadianVisaExpert team can also guide you confidently through each step of the process to immigrate to Canada and make sure the procedure is done correctly. With CanadianVisaExpert, applying for immigration to Canada has never been easier!